George McIlvaine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A True Gentleman

Go down

A True Gentleman Empty A True Gentleman

Post by Ron Rabou Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:35 pm

A few times in our lives, if we are fortunate, we develop friendships with people who help to transform our lives and shape and mold us into who we are today. These individuals have a unique gift that only a few possess. That gift is their depth of character. Often times, words do not need to be spoken, but instead their mere presence and kind, caring spirit is felt. It touches all of us in one way or another. George McIlvaine was blessed with this gift. I have to admit, it's been hard to formulate the words to describe the positive difference George made in my life. He made me better. I'm not sure how, but somehow he made me better. My life would not be the same had it not been for him. And as I reflect on his influence, the best words I can use are "True Gentleman". There is much to be learned from a man who helped so many others. A man who respected his wife and loved her with a passion and without conditions. A man who always had a willing heart and a helpful hand. A man who put himself last so others could be first. A man who always smiled and took life's bumps with grace and dignity. A man who was indeed, truly unselfish. George's legacy, in my mind, is not what he did and what he had, but it is who he was and who he taught us to be. I am blessed, as I know many of us are, to have not only known George, but to always carry a part of him with me. His incredible example will live in me. And though I will miss him dearly, I will be eternally grateful for George's influence in this world and in mine.

Ron Rabou

Back to top Go down